Sunday 13 December 2009

It's starting to feel a lot like Christmas...

With the end of the Christmas shopping season in sight (last order dates for UK orders = 18th December) and the onset of some chilly weather (brr!) I'm starting to really get in the mood for Christmas. I can't wait to feel well enough to start decorating, baking & wrapping gifts but I'm having to take it easy and put my feet up in front of some festive films instead.

In the meantime I'm getting lots of Christmas inspiration catching up on all my favourite blogs (lovely to see my Snowflake Curtain from last year getting a few mentions!) and I was quite delighted to find an email from my November giveaway winner Jo linking me to a snap of my baubles on her fab sparkly Christmas tree:Have you started your Christmas decorating yet?

8 comments:

S said...

I'm drinking coffee and eatinf stollen after a freezing cold dog walk, so I'm feeling very Christmassy. We're not having lots of decorations this year, but I've bought two gorgeous items from Folksy to go on the mantlepiece.

Anonymous said...

loved your snowflake curtain! This weekend we bought our tree and have had lots of fun decorating it. I think we will decorate the house next weekend, maybe with some christmas tunes playing in the background.

nicedaydesigns said...

I haven't started yet, but I really want to, it's gonna be the first big tree I've had in 6 years(we moved house, so now we have lots of space).
I'm really busy with markets though, I'll be selling up until xmas eve....I'll have to fit it in somehow though

Ps: I'm getting great compliments-and sales- for the decorations I make out of the felt and ribbon I buy from your supplies shop...so cheers for havin great stuff!

Jennifer said...

I just decorated yesterday and I feel so much more in the holiday spirit now! I made several new felt ornaments because we have a crazy puppy and there's no way I'm using our breakable glass ornaments with him around. The handmade felt ones are much cuter anyway! I've come to your blog several times for ornament inspiration. :)

Vixanne said...

We decorated last Sunday, but we still have a couple of little things to add. If Mr Bogert had had his way, decorations would have been up before December hit! (Ours is the only house in the street that glows :D)

Elaine, Ellies Treasures said...

We put our decorations up on Saturday. Have been feeling very Christmassy since the beginning of December and we usually hold off putting up the tree until a week before the big day - couldn't wait any longer this time!

I've added your blog to my blog list, hope that's OK. Elaine, Ellie's Treasures (http://elliestreasurecrafts.blogspot.com)

LPFish said...

yes.

Louise said...

I'm nearly done with the decorating! I've been trying out your Snowflake Curtain this year - its taking me ages (I'm so not crafty!!) but its looking beautiful - and you explain how to do it so well, so thank you x100 xx